Why choose me?
The job varies so much from each commission, it’s tricky to explain my assets in a nutshell. There’s a lot more to art direction and styling than the creative stuff. The unique combination of design, people and project management is one of the reasons I love the job so much.
I’m a self confessed people pleaser and mitigator, I collaborate with clients to balance design decisions and the brief to ensure outstanding results. I’m creative whatever the budget, super organised, diligent and trustworthy. However, it’s my distinctive features that ensure repeat commissions and happy clients. My uncanny ability to stay calm in some pretty stressful situations is a gift from my wonderful Dad. Maintaining meticulous attention to detail comes from my desire to do a great job better than I thought possible. My friendly nature, sense of humour and assertive manner help ensure everyone remains focused and the job gets done. And the final weapon in my toolbox is the all important plan B, I’ve always got one of these up my sleeve.
What I do
Art Director, TV Producer & Off Screen Stylist
I have a thorough understanding of how to realise stunning visual sets for television and the experience to manage challenging budgets. My bulging address book of contacts and excellent sourcing skills provide a broad range of products from high end to the high street, period treasure troves and less conventional sources. I enjoy utilising my interior and design knowledge to create dramatically different schemes. I’m experienced working alongside the editorial team on storylines and a dab hand at putting contributors at ease. My flair for people and organising ensures my team produce a stunning set build.
Interior Stylist & Prop Buyer
Using my understanding of colour and knowledge of the decor trends I relish researching a brief and providing design ideas and the creative stuff to get us started. Creating mood boards and sketches demonstrates how my concepts will translate into stills. I’ve got it all covered from designing rooms or sets, sourcing unusual locations or utilising my extensive network of suppliers to find exactly the right props. Then there’s the all important project management piece of the puzzle, commissioning set builders, booking assistants or set dressers and writing countless lists.
Roomsets & Events
I have produced Ideal Home Show room sets for the last two years. As the lead designer and interior stylist for Good Homes Magazine room sets. Working to an editorial storyline and collaborating with sponsors to exhibit their product range, I design rooms that showcase the latest interior trends and decorating inspiration for visitors to try at home. I enjoy juggling the competing demands of designer, producer and sponsor lead. And still manage to keep a keen eye on the logistics to ensure all exhibition protocols are followed.
Who I’ve worked with
Good Homes Magazine | Ideal Home Magazine | Studio Lambert | Brintons | Louvolite | Media 10 | Ideal Home Show | Grand Designs Live | Ark Builders | Laines Brewery Pub | Walls & Floors | Karndean | Furniture Village | eico | Ray Munn | VitrA | Bridget Peirson | Simon Whitmore | Tattoo Fixers | Spring Street Social Society | Intel | Blinds 2 Go | RSC | Reef TV | Chalkboard | RDF | Laura Ashely | Crown Paints
- My Grandad was Innocent | Series 1 |Chalkboard TV for BBC2 | Jul to Dec 2017
- My Wonderful Life| Series 1 |Chalkboard TV for Sky| Aug to Nov 2017
- Best in Shop | Series 1 | Studio Lambert for BBC2| Jul to Oct 2017
- Dealers Yard | Taster for BBC1 | Reef TV | Jun 2017
- Tattoo Fixers on Holiday | Series 2 | Studio Lambert for E4 | Mar to Jun 2017
- Body Fixers | Series 2 | Studio Lambert for E4 | Feb to Apr 2017
- Tattoo Fixers | Art Director | Series 4 | Studio Lambert for E4 | Jan to Apr 2017
- Inside out Homes | Series 1 ep4, ep5, ep6 | Red House for Channel 4 | Aug to Oct 2016
- Tattoo Fixers | Art Director | Series 3 | Studio Lambert for E4 | Aug to Dec 2016
- Carjackers | Series 1 | Electric Ray for E4 | Jun to Aug 2016
- Tattoo Fixers on Holiday | Series 1 | Studio Lambert for E4 | Mar to Jun 2016
- Body Fixers | Set Decorator | Series 1 | Studio Lambert for E4 | Mar 2016
2015 to 2012
- Tattoo Fixers | Art Director | Series 2 | Studio Lambert for E4 | Sep to Dec 2015
- The Great Interior Design Challenge | Makeover Producer | Series 3 | Studio Lambert for BBC2 | Apr to Sep 2015
- Tattoo Fixers | Art Director | Series 1 | Studio Lambert for E4 | Feb to May 2015
- Tattoo Fixers | Art Director | Pilot | Studio Lambert for E4 | Sep to Oct 2014
- The Great Interior Design Challenge | Design Assistant | Series 2 | Studio Lambert for BBC2 | Mar to Sep 2014
- Spence & Son Makeover’s | Stylist | This Morning for ITV | Jun to Aug 2013
- Hollywood Me || Stylist | Series 1 | Ricochet for Channel 4 | Mar to Apr 2012